February 14, 2011

Low Fat Raspberry Yogurt Pie

Finished pie, unchilled.  Topped with a raspberry heart (Grandma liked that extra touch.)
This is a sweet dessert that doesn't take a lot of effort to make.  I brought this one up to Pocatello for my grandma's birthday.  Everyone loved it!  There seems to be quite a few different recipes for yogurt pie, so I combined about three of them. I also made my own crust, which took more time, but it was so worth it!

Crust:
1 1/2 cups graham crackers, crushed
3 T non fat plain yogurt
2 T brown sugar (I wrote it down wrong and just used 2 tsp-- still turned out sweet enough.)
2 tsp cocoa

Blend in a food processor.  Press the ball of graham/sugar/cocoa in a 9 inch pie plate.  Flatten on the bottom and flute on the sides.  Bake in a 350 degree oven for 5-7 minutes.
(Source: Healthier Graham Cracker Crust)

Pie Filling:
12 oz low fat raspberry yogurt
8 oz light whipped topping
1/2 package (1.5 oz) peach gelatin
1 cup slightly crushed raspberries (I used frozen)
Fruit for top of pie

Fold together all the ingredients.  Spoon into crust (I use lots of leftovers because I didn't press out my crust enough) and chill at least three hours before serving.

2 comments:

  1. you are seriously inspiring me to cook. i've never thought that was something i'd actually want to do. (thankfully doug likes to). for even me, this pie looks doable! now i just need a different job so i can be home to do so! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's completely doable, Nicole! It was a big hit, and it's one of those recipes that you can make it as hard (making your own crust, adding fruit) or as easy as you want. It would be a yummy summer dessert. Let me know how it turns out when you make it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2009 Becky's Kitchen. Powered by Blogger.