October 25, 2012

Pumpkin "Poppers"

I didn't make these as poppers.  I made them more like "muffin tops" as I don't have a mini muffin tin.  I also had to adapt the spices, but it turned out just fine and very autumn-y. 

1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon [I used 1 tsp]
1/2 tsp nutmeg [I used 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice]
1/2 tsp allspice [added 1/8 tsp ginger]
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup milk

For topping: 1 stick unsalted butter, 2/3 cup sugar, 2 T cinnamon

Grease muffin tin and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  In a mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and cloves.  In a separate bowl, mix together oil, sugar, egg, vanilla, pumpkin and milk.  Slowly add flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture until incorporated.  Fill muffin tins with batter (almost full with a mini muffin tin and 1/2 full with a normal muffin tin.)  Bake for 10-12 minutes or until baked through.  [I needed to add five minutes with my full sized muffin tin.]  Cool on a wire rack.  Once cool, you can dip the poppers melted butter and the cinnamon-sugar mixture.

Source: "Tasty Tuesday: Pumpkin Poppers". Just the Little Things. 24. Oct 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2009 Becky's Kitchen. Powered by Blogger.