February 15, 2011

Raspberry Muffins

With the leftover raspberries, from the pie, I wanted to make some muffins for Thomas.  It took me a while to find a recipe that met all my credentials online, but I found it. 

1-3/4 cups flour (I 1 cup wheat pastry and 3/4 all-purpose)
1/3 c sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
6 oz raspberry yogurt
1/3 c oil
1 egg
1 c raspberries (frozen are okay!)
1/4 c chopped walnuts (my addition)

Grease muffin tin or line with paper liners. Stir flour, sugar, baking powder, -soda together in a bowl.  Blend raspberry yogurt and raspberries into the flour mixture.   In a small bowl whisk the egg and oil.  Stir all ingredients together.  Remember to not over beat.  Spoon batter into the muffin tin and sprinkle the tops with walnut bits. Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes.


The yogurt makes them moist and the raspberries sweet.  It's a great way to add fruit to you baked goods.

(Source: This Mama Cooks! On A Diet, from the book 101 Optimal Life Foods, "Raspberry Yogurt Muffins" by Dave Grotto)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2009 Becky's Kitchen. Powered by Blogger.