February 25, 2011

Chicken tortellini soup

While searching online for some soup inspiration like, chicken noodle soup, white chili, etc, I saw a recipe that asked for cheese-filled tortellini with all the ingredients I was thinking of.  So here is a cross between chicken noodle soup and what I had in the pantry.

rotiessere chicken (you know it's my favorite...)
carrots
frozen green beans
canned corn
cheese-filled tortellini
canned chicken broth
water
Italian seasoning
salt and pepper

Cut carrots, boil in two cups of water.  After about 10 minutes of boiling, add a can of chicken broth, two cups of (frozen) tortellini, and (frozen) green beans. Grind black pepper, and shake salt and plenty of Italian seasoning in the soup. Pour in the can of corn and stir in the cubed chicken.  Simmer until everything is heated through.

I especially like the tri-color theme going on in this soup, and Julia liked it too!

Other flavors such as onions and garlic are great additions.  I haven't added them since I'm dealing with acid reflux problems right now...   Click here if you want to see the recipe that inspired my cooking imagination....

{8/29- I've made this soup numerous times with fresh french beans.  Boil the beans and carrots first, drain, add chicken broth and 2 cups of water, the whole can of chicken, canned corn, can of kidney beans, salt, pepper, Italian Seasoning, garlic- and onion powder, etc.  When it boils, bring it to a simmer and add tortellini in the last three minutes of cooking time.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2009 Becky's Kitchen. Powered by Blogger.