February 12, 2011

Set for Life's Potato Salad

I'm not one to follow a recipe.  This time, I was determined to follow the potato salad's recipe to.the.teaspoon!  I did make a couple of adjustments, but really minor. ;) 

6 large potatoes, boiled or baked in skins[*]
4 large eggs, hard boiled
1 small onion, chopped[*]
2 dill pickles, finely chopped
1 cup salad dressing or mayonnaise, fat free[*]
1 tsp mustard (to taste)
1 tsp honey or sugar
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp salt
2-4 T milk

Peel potatoes, dice, and boil until tender.  Drain and pour into a large mixing bowl.  Dice four hard boiled eggs, two pickles and one onion.  Add these with the potatoes, gently stir together.  For the dressing, mix dressing, mustard, honey, apple cider vinegar and salt in a medium bowl.  Stir and add 2 T of milk for thinner consistency.  Pour dressing over the potato mixture and combine.  Refrigerate at least three hours, or overnight.
*Now for the changes, I peeled and diced raw potatoes then boiled them.  I used one stalk of green onion.  I also used light Miracle Whip.

We'll see how the gang likes it tomorrow.  It's different from what I usually make (without black olives, Salad Supreme, paprika or black pepper), but the combination of honey and apple cider vinegar will be quite refreshing.

(Merrill, Jane P., and Karen M. Sunderland.  Set for Life. "Potato Salad." Salt Lake City, UT: Sunrise Publishers, 1995. 141.)

2 comments:

  1. This looks yummy! I just went through the last 5 or so of your posts to catch up. I want to make the cinnamon apple bread, the fruit bread thing, the zucchini fries, and basically everything. Your pictures are making me hungry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks Nicole! That's the sweetest compliment. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2009 Becky's Kitchen. Powered by Blogger.