November 13, 2010

Banana Drop Cookies II

I grew up on these cookies, but I decided to change them up a little.  Regardless, they are moist and sweet!

Ingredients:
2/3 cup shortening
3/4 cup sugar {1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar}
2 eggs
1 cup mashed banana
1-1/4 cup pastry wheat flour {or 1-1/2 cups}
1-1/4 cup all-purpose flour {with 1 cup}
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup walnuts

Directions:
Combine shortening and sugar until clumpy then add eggs.  When these are incorporated into a smooth yellow mixture, add mashed banana.  Dump in flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and vanilla.  Mix together.  When most of the thick batter gets mixed together, pour in the chocolate chips and walnuts.  Spoon batter in rounded balls onto a greased baking sheet.  Bake in pre-heated 375 degree for 10-12 minutes.  You'll probably get three dozen out of the recipe.  Since my cookies are both tiny and huge, I baked a total of 29.



That's how I made them today, but it'll probably change the next time that I make them according to what I have in the house!
{changes made 7/18/11}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2009 Becky's Kitchen. Powered by Blogger.