March 19, 2011

Plain Burrito (Bean, Rice and Cheese)

For the last two weeks I haven't been eating anything lower than pH 5.  Is it helping?  No improvement. :(  Thomas loves burritos but obviously tomatoes and everything else good is way under pH 5.  I made some "minute" rice and added a can of black beans (drained) a few minutes before the rice was fully cooked.  In theory I figured out how to properly fold a burrito, but these tortillas were too small for a good fold.  Darn! For flavor, there was a lot of cheese added.  I poured the extra rice and beans over the dish and added more cheese (of course!) Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
I'm really hoping that cheese (I doubt bleu cheese or the English one with cranberries in it would qualify) is above pH 5.  Surprisingly, the beans added good flavor to the dish and wasn't as blasé as expected.  I made them twice, here are the pictures from both nights.
 March 11th-- first attempt
 March 13th-- second attempt
Second attempt-- plated

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2009 Becky's Kitchen. Powered by Blogger.