March 11, 2012

Grean bean rice casserole

I grew up on this casserole.  I have just added more stuff-- I even hesitated naming it "Kitchen sink casserole."  It's a good stand by if I don't know what to make or have chicken leftovers.

1 can cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 cups Minute Rice {I originally used 1 cup, but I think a little extra rice is better}
1 cup water (approximate)
diced cooked chicken (this could be 1 to 2 cups.  I've used leftover rotisserie and even canned at times.)
1 can green beans {or fresh, of course!}
1 can corn
shredded cheese (optional)
Seasonings like:
dried onion
garlic powder
onion powder
Italian seasoning
dried Parsley
paprika
black pepper
salt

Add ingredients in a 9x13 baking dish and mix in the seasonings and water to incorporate.  Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.  Top with Parmesan cheese, if desired.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2009 Becky's Kitchen. Powered by Blogger.