June 24, 2011

Chocolate Chip Frozen Yogurt

Here my first attempt at using my new birthday toy.  Mom and Dad gave me an ice cream/frozen yogurt/sorbet maker (Cuisinart).  I tried the chocolate frozen yogurt from the instruction booklet. It yields 1-1/2 quarts or eight 1/2-cup servings.

In the blender*, mix six ounces chopped chocolate [I used 3 oz semi-sweet and 3 oz bitter-sweet chocolate chips] and 1 cup whole milk [I used 1% and I'd like to try a higher percentage next time for a richer taste] for 30 seconds.  Add 2 cups of low-fat vanilla yogurt and 1/4 cup sugar for 30 more seconds until well blended.

All blended
 Take the freezer bowl out of the freezer, place the mixing arm and put the lid over the unit.  Turn on the machine and pour the mixture.  It will be finished in 30 minutes or less.

Soft Frozen Yogurt with Chocolate Bits

*I learned the hard way that a food processor simply can't blend!!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2009 Becky's Kitchen. Powered by Blogger.