June 28, 2011

Banana Raspberry Bread & A raspberry failure

We bought a half crate of raspberries at Costco.  I ate two packages, used two (had to sort out the bad ones) for the bread, one for my failure and Thomas ate one.  I first thought of making my raspberry muffins, but we had two over ripe bananas on the counter, so we looked for a banana raspberry bread recipe online.  Thomas wanted to make it just as much as I did.  He rinsed the raspberries for me.

List of ingredients
  • 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • [1/2 cup brown sugar]
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
  • [1/4 cup vegetable oil]
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries (if using frozen, don't thaw)
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
  • [1 tsp cinnamon]
  • [1/2 tsp nutmeg]
  • [1/4 tsp ginger]
Directions
Combine eggs, bananas, oil and water. In another bowl, mix together flour, sugars, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger.  Stir egg mixture into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raspberries and walnuts. Pour into a big loaf pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool before serving.

You can see the whole raspberries inside!
Recipe from www.allrecipes.com, changes are indicated by brackets
 This bread is moist and flavorful.  The bites of raspberry bring a tang to an old standby.  It's really good!
And now onto my raspberry failure experiment:
I envisioned it in my head-- biscuit braid with fresh raspberries and walnuts, drizzled in white chocolate.  I messed up with the biscuit, so almost half stayed glued to my hands and got washed down the sink, instead of staying onto the baking sheet.  So I had a lot less dough to work with.  That's still alright, I could do a roll.  I put my mashed, sugared raspberries onto the biscuit and attempted to roll it.  It didn't look very pretty and the raspberries were falling out.  It didn't taste bad.  There is just something a bit odd about biscuits and raspberries, though.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2009 Becky's Kitchen. Powered by Blogger.