August 1, 2011

Strawberry Party

I had huge ideas for Julia's birthday party.  It all started last winter when I saw Jello Poke Cake on Cook's Country from America's Test Kitchen.  That sprung forth the theme of strawberries, and it took off from there.  Eventually I decided to bake a Strawberry Shortcake instead of the poke cake. The invitations were simple, just using Microsoft Word. I also made Strawberry Spinach Salad and potato salad.  The decorations weren't over the top, but enough to connect the theme together.  I bundled light green utensils in red napkins and tied them with strawberry-patterned ribbon (idea from here.) I made my signature one-of-a-kind picture banner featuring 13 photos of the birthday girl, again using the ribbon, strawberry stickers and a download from here I also cut the top of small brown bags, turned over the top and glued on strawberry scrapbook paper on the sides of the bag for centerpieces.  My mom sewed the table cloth.  I also made party favor bags (using the same download mentioned before) for the two kid guests.  After all this explanation, here are the pictures!  The recipes will be up shortly.




{bold edits made on 4.5.12}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2009 Becky's Kitchen. Powered by Blogger.