May 27, 2011

Florentine Egg Nest

This breakfast/brunch is inspired by several ideas.  It's very similar to Salmon Hash (without the salmon, although it would be a good addition to add spinach to the Salmon Hash.)  I learned through my friend, Carlie, that it's typical to serve spinach, potatoes and eggs in Bavaria {Oberfranken} on Easter Thursday.  And finally I saw an idea similar to this on Breakfast Special, a PBS show.  Chopped potatoes (I did hash browns) with garlic salt, spinach, crack an egg in the middle, and cover to poach (I admit that I don't know how to poach an egg.)  They covered the dish with sauteed mushrooms and onions. 

I cooked a potato in the microwave, grated it in a greased (olive oil) skillet.

Sprinkle spinach generously around the skillet.

Cover with a lid, in hopes that the spinach wilts down.

Cook two eggs on another pan.
Place the eggs on top of the potatoes.



A festive brunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2009 Becky's Kitchen. Powered by Blogger.