April 18, 2012

No-Bake Energy Bites

These have been all over Pinterest... so time to give them a try!  Well, I did attempt to make these last month, or so, without coconut and with almond butter.  It really didn't turn out well, and I didn't even try rolling them.  This time, I followed the recipe closely and I was able to *tediously* make 22 energy bite balls.  I didn't find it easy to smash the ingredients together in order to make them into balls.  They are like granola bars and very hearty.

1 cup oats
1 cup coconut
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla

Stir together all the ingredients.  Chill for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.  Roll into balls, should make 20-25.  Will keep refrigerated for a week.


Wow!  They actually look decent!
And this is why it's annoying... all this that can't be molded into balls

Sources:  I have found this recipe on Gimme Some Oven, Smashed Peas and Carrots and Food Doodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2009 Becky's Kitchen. Powered by Blogger.