January 3, 2012

Lullaby Muffins

Yesterday I baked some muffins to use up some ripe bananas.  The recipe I chose is called "Lullaby Muffins" and claim to help you sleep better at night.  The recipe only calls for whole foods and is a very healthy and low-fat muffin.  I don't remember where I found it, but it's been a few years and it must have sounded good for me to write it down. ;)

Ingredients 
  • 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour (no substitutions!)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 2 large ripe bananas 
  • 1/3 cup applesauce (I didn't have any, so I used 1/4 cup oil)
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1/2 cup milk or 1/2 cup soymilk

    Directions


    Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.  Blend (or mix) together the bananas, applesauce, honey and milk.  Pour the wet ingredients into the flour and stir just until moistened.  Spoon the muffin mix into paper-muffin cups and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.




Through the magic of Google, I found a source for the muffins, it's not my original source, but it's one.  www.food.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2009 Becky's Kitchen. Powered by Blogger.