December 21, 2010

Salmon Patties

I've been making these for two years now.  This is my easy Omega-3 meal.  Every time I make them, they are different.  It's so hard to decide on one official recipe.  There are many to choose from too.  It's fun to have a slightly different recipe every time-- you never know exactly how they'll taste!  The are very versatile and taste good with any coordinating combination.

2 cans salmon
2 eggs
1 tsp Dijon mustard, or yellow mustard (to taste)
2 tsp Italian Seasoning
1 tsp Parsley
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic salt
lots of black pepper (to taste)
I've also used: {Italian} bread crumbs, crushed saltines, sour cream or mayo.

The trick is to have a good ratio because wet and dry when mixing.  I tend to only use bread crumbs, for example, if I add sour cream in addition to eggs.  You could also just add one egg and sour cream or mayo, but eggs are important for binding or they will be difficult to keep intact while cooking.

Mix together all the ingredients, simply with a fork.  Lightly grease a frying pan and turn the stove's heat to medium.  Form salmon mixture into patties, sometimes I use the fork to help.  Cook in the frying pan until brown and flip over to the other side, by using a spatula.  I cook three to four patties in the pan at a time.

Made on November 17th

I like the thickness of these

Made on December 20th.  I like to serve Salmon Patties with rice and green beans, but suppose a salad is good, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2009 Becky's Kitchen. Powered by Blogger.