December 20, 2010

No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

Flipping through my old recipe index cards, I came across No Bake Cookies.  Making them was easy, I even put in extra oatmeal.  Did I miss something?  After I spooned them onto parchment paper they were soft for hours.  They were (still are) soft the day after although after cooling for 24 hours, they taste like I remember.  I have just been searching online at other recipes and one suggests a cooling time of two hours and to let the chocolate mixture boil rapidly for a minute.  In the spirit of Christmas time, let's call these Reindeer Drop Cookies-- hehe!

1/2 cup margarine or butter
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt (or less?)
3 T cocoa
3-4 cups quick rolled oatmeal
Extra add-ins: 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter, coconut or nuts

Combine butter, sugar, milk, vanilla, salt and cocoa in a saucepan and bring to a boil.  Once boiling, stir in oatmeal and extras.  Spoon onto parchment paper and let cool. 



*untraceable source of origin

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2009 Becky's Kitchen. Powered by Blogger.