February 13, 2012

Valentine Pretzels

These little snacks are all over the place, Pinterest, blogs and cooking web sites.  I made some to bring up to Grandma's birthday celebration.  I learned a few things as I tried to make them.  It does take at least two minutes on 275 degrees for the chocolate to get soft.  Caramel Kisses seeped caramel underneath the pretzels and the Almond Kisses didn't work-- the M&M couldn't be neatly smashed down, the almond was in the way.
Unwrap Kisses and place on top of round or square pretzels.  Place in a heated 275 degree oven for 2 to 2-1/2 minutes until the chocolate is softened and looks glossy.  Place a M&M on top, chill in the fridge for about 10 minutes.  When I stored them in a container, I separated the layers with wax paper because of the caramel.  They got a lot of compliments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2009 Becky's Kitchen. Powered by Blogger.